Bradford VTS Online Resources:
- The Data Protection Act 2018;
- The Common Law Duty of Confidentiality;
- The Confidentiality NHS Code of Practice;
- The NHS Care Record Guarantee for England;
- The Social Care Record Guarantee for England;
- The Information Security NHS Code of Practice;
- The Records Management NHS Code of Practice;
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000.
What is Information Governance?
Information governance (IG) is the way in which the NHS (and YOU) handles all of its information, in particular the personal and sensitive information relating to patients and employees. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is dealt with legally, securely, efficiently and effectively, in order to deliver the best possible care. It also offers NHS employees a clear structure to deal consistently with the many different rules about how information is handled, including those set out in: