Bradford VTS Online Resources:
- basic overview of neurology.ppt
- headache – a quick tutorial.doc
- headache differentials 1.jpg
- headache differentials 2.jpg
- headache tutorial framework.doc
- headache tutorial framework2.doc
- migraine through cases.ppt
- neurology tutorial framework.doc
- parkinsons – clinical top tips.pdf
- parkinsons – top tips.pdf
- parkinsons disease – management in primary care.ppt
- parkinsons disease – pharmacological management.ppt
If you have files you would like me to host on here and share with others, OR if you would like to help develop these pages further, then please email me.
Important features in the history
Important features in the Examination
Vertigo: The HINTS examination
The HINTS exam- this exam helps to differentiate between peripheral and central cause of vertigo, such as vestibular neuritis vs stroke. It should be done on patients who present within hours or days of on going vertigo and nystagmus.
- Reassuring HINTS exam is – Unidirectional nystagmus, No vertical skew, and abnormal head impulse test. likely vestibular neuritis.
- Worrying HINTS test is – Bidirectional or vertical nystagmus, vertical skew or normal head impulse test. Need imaging to rule out posterior or cerebellar stroke.