Teaching Consultation Skills
If you have files you would like me to host on here and share with others, OR if you would like to help develop these pages further, then please email me.
Patient Simulations can be very time consuming but...
Developing a workshop using patient simulators can be very time consuming and exhausting.
- You have to develop a page outlining the scenario.
- Then a page briefing the simulator.
- Then a page furnishing the trainee with information and telling them what to do.
- And finally a facilitator’s guidance page.
- And then you have to coordinate the whole thing which can be hard work if there are a lot of trainees and scenarios involved.
But it is well worth it. The learning from this method is vast and highly effective. It can result in marked transformative change in the learners. And once you’ve created a scenario, you can re-run it and tweak it. The whole thing can be jolly good fun (and your learners will thank you for the leaning).