Bradford VTS Online Resources
Resources are designed around the RCGP’s Curriculum (plus additional sections by Bradford VTS).
These online resources are primarily organised according to the RCGP’s GP curriculum headings. The RCGP’s curriculum has 4 contextual statements accompanied by 21 clinical areas. What this means is that you are expected to provide evidence of learning in the 21 curriculum headings within the 4 contextual statements. Confused? Think of it this way…
- The 4 contextual statements define from a bird’s-eye view of what it is to ‘Be a GP’ ( Being a GP = the ultimate ‘core’ statement of the GP Curriculum).
- ‘Being a GP’ is demonstrated at ground-level via the 21 clinical areas.
Perhaps this explanation will serve some of you better… Context is what gives something meaning. For example, the word ‘trip’ can have several meanings.
- The trip to India was fab.
- I was tripped out on Ecstasy.
- I banged my head because I tripped over the cable.
- I really tripped up in that CSA exam.
Can you see how in each of these cases, it is the context that defines the word and gives it meaning? Likewise, the 4 contextual statements define what it is ‘to be a GP’ – your ultimate destination. This enables us to map out the areas in which we are expected to perform them ( = the 21 clinical interpretive statements). We at Bradford VTS have added a few additional ‘clinical’ sub-folders of our own. This is to cater for those items which we found difficult to place elsewhere.
Knowing yourself & relating to others
- Consultation & Communication skills ***
- Data Gathering – clinical skills
- Decisions, Diagnosis, Uncertainty & Risk
- Practising Holistically/Person-Centred Care
- Using the Computer in the Consultation
- Telephone Consultations
- Allied Health Care Professionals
- Chronic Disease Management & Comorbidity
- Managing Ourselves – burnout, resilience & looking after ourselves (Fitness to Practise)
Working in systems of care
- 3-02 Genetics
- 3.03 Acute Care
- 3-04 Children & Teenagers
- 3-05 Elderly
- 3-06 Women’s Health
- 3.07 Men’s Health
- 3.08 Sexual Health
- 3.09 End of Life Care
- 3.10 Mental Health
- 3.11 Intellectual Disability
- 3.12 Cardiovascular
- 3.13 Gastroenterology
- 3.14 Drugs & Alcohol
- 3.15 ENT, Oral, Facial Problems
- 3.16 Eyes
- 3.17 Metabolic Problems (Diabetes, Endocrine)
- 3.18 Neuro
- 3.19 Respiratory
- 3.20 MSK & Rheumatology
- 3.21 Dermatology