Bradford VTS Online Resources:
path: COVID RESOURCES
path: COVID RESOURCES
These are resources developed by Bradford for Bradford. If you are from another area, you may find them helpful but see what is the guidance in your local area. Some of the resources provided here are generic across the whole of the UK.
RED SITES GUIDANCE
Use the RED SITE ASSIST GP COVID GUIDE above.
Key Learning for Booking Practices:
- PRIORITY: It is essential to follow the Assist COVID 19 Pathways in SystmOne prior to making any referral to Red Sites.
- The use of the Assist template is mandatory if you are referring patients to a red site. This allows us to ensure patient safety in managing suspected COVID patients. Several instances of emergency ambulance calls have now been made from Red Sites, in all instances the Assist pathways had not been appropriately adhered to ahead of referral. Assist supports safety both for patients and clinicians working in Red Sites, your support in engaging with Assist ahead of referring is essential and is much appreciated. If the Assist template is not completed the patient will be referred back to the home practice.
- Please navigate to Assist COVID 19 Resources from the Home Page and follow the Red Site Practice Booking Protocol when booking appointments.
- To support Red Team clinicians working on site please follow the patient pathways including launching Video Consultation / AccuRx ahead of referral. This minimises the time patients may need to be seen face to face on site. For details in regard to making Red Site referrals and for the roles of Red Clinical Team members the associated Red Team Protocols for working are also available in Assist for reference.
- Please ensure the patient record is shared from your practice at the point of booking patients into second triage slots to enable the Red Team Clinicians to view patient history and update records.
- For Infection Control purposes please do not refer patients to the hub if they do not have access to their own transport. In this instance a Red Home Visit is most appropriate; currently Red Home Visits are co-ordinated via your PCN rather than the Red Sites. This also applies if patients intend to walk to the site or use any form of public transport.
- Several patients have not received contact numbers for the hubs as required for use on arrival; please ensure the patient is made aware of the contact number for the site appropriate to their attendance when booking in. Please also ensure correct patient mobile contact numbers are available via the patient record for the Red Site team. Raising awareness to the patient that they may receive a call from an unknown number at the time of their Red Site 2nd Triage Call appointment also supports a positive experience of the Red Site patient journey.
- It is important that patients are clear that they will not be tested for COVID at a Red Site appointment; please continue to highlight this to patients as they are booked into the hubs
- Take care and stay safe.