The New 14 Fish ePortfolio
what do you think about it?
I plan to feed this back to the 14 Fish team at some point soon. I did my first ES meeting on it the other day. And there were things that I loved and things I absolutely detested. I was hoping to feel rather positively overwhelmed by all the changes compared to the old ugly RCGP eportfolio. But, unfortunately, I was underwhelmed. So, I thought the only way to make things better is to give them feedback to improve. The more they improve, the easier and more pleasant our lives will be as Trainers, Educational Supervisors and TPDs. So, let’s help influence.
What do I think? Read what I’ve written on the right hand side.
- It’s very pretty
- I love the clean look.
- Some use of visual graphics – although basic.
- It’s still rather clunky. You have to keep clicking to where you want to get.
- Some of the things are hard to find. Navigation isn’t always intuitive.
- Over-wordy in places.
- I was delighted to hear that the CBD/COT mapping forms and the ESR workbook are no longer needed. They should never have been a separate thing. But the translation of this into the 14F ePortfolio is rather basic and not as helpful. They could have done so much more than they have done visually. I still have to do a lot of mapping and thinking in my head – that a computer is well placed to do for me!
- I’ve got lots of specifics – but I would like to hear your thoughts first.
Leave a comment below
Please try to be as specific as you can. What exactly do you like or dislike. Try and spell out what you would like to change.
If you prefer to remain anonymous, indicate which area you are writing from for the name fields e.g. Name: “Bradford Trainer“. And for the email address – make something up.