path: DATA GATHERING
- asking the right questions in the consultation.ppt
- data gathering – sources of information in the consultation.ppt
- responding effectively to patients’ cues.doc
- scripts for ideas concerns and expectations ICE2.docx
- scripts for ideas concerns expectations ICE.docx
- scripts for psychosocial occupational PSO.docx
- what makes a good gp – the patients lament – hidden key to effective listening.pdf
- what makes a good gp – the patients lament – turning moaning into therapy.pdf
- why patients go to doctors.doc
If you have files you would like me to host on here and share with others, OR if you would like to help develop these pages further, then please email me.
What is data gathering
Data is information. So, data gathering is the gathering of information. Now, a lot of trainees think that data gathering in the GP consultation is all about taking a good history. But that is only part of the equation. Doing the right clinical examination and tests is also data gathering. Exploring the patient’s ideas about what might be going on, their concerns and worries and what they are hoping for from the consultation is also data gathering. And finally, explore the effect of the patient’s problem on their life at home, life at work, social life and their psychological well being is another aspect of data gathering.
So, in summary, DATA GATHERING =
- The History
- The Examination
- Lab & Other Diagnostic Test Results
- The patient’s Ideas, Concerns & Expectations (ICE)
- The effect of the problem on the patient’s Psycho Social Occupational well-being (PSO).