The Bath Audit Course
the most simple way of understanding audit
02 Why Audit?
Clinical audit is the review of clinical performance, the refining of clinical practice as a result and the measurement of performance against agreed standards – a cyclical process of improving the quality of clinical care.
The Audit Cycle
Clinical audit aims to lead to an improvement in the quality of service providing:-
- improved care of patients
- enhanced professionalism of staff
- efficient use of resources
- aid to continuing education
- aid to administration
- accountability to those outside the profession
The Bath Audit Course, Designed by Dr Michael Harris (Bath)