The Bath Audit Course
the most simple way of understanding audit
07 Looking at your Results
The comparison is the easy bit.
All patients should be seen within 15 minutes of their appointment time
All diabetics to have had HbA1C in last 3 months
Drug allergies to be marked as “active problem” on computer
Before you start planning changes, you need to work out possible reasons why the practice hasn’t met the standard you’ve set.
What reasons are there for practices not meeting audit standards?
In recent audits at our practice, reasons have included:
- Practice reasons:
- Results having been put down as free text on computer, rather than coded;
- Opportunistic rather than formal recall system in use;
- Doctor reasons:
- Not all GPs were aware of the practice policy;
- Not all partners agreed with the policy;
- Patient reasons:
- Patients refusing to have tests done;
- Patients on holiday when tests due.
The Bath Audit Course, Designed by Dr Michael Harris (Bath)